Sunday, June 7, 2009

Blogging is stressful.

I hate naming albums on facebook, so naming my blog was very stressful. However the wonderful, and extremely talented Alyssa Cook, helped me. So props to her for Just Dust. Basically it explains life in Idaho, perfectly.

All my life I have wished to be other places, it’s kind of insane. When I first moved out of Forest Grove, all I wanted was to move back. Now I look back and can't even imagine life there. Beaverton is my home, my life, and my everything. Growing up I always wanted to be married in the Hawaii temple, because of the awesome waterfall entrance. But after living there for four months, I realized that my Portland temple was just as pretty, if not more spectacular. People are always shocked, after I tell them I transferred from BYU-Hawaii. "Why?" is my FAQ. Truthfully, it’s because I wasn't close enough to home. Hawaii is stunning; there is beauty constantly around you. The temperature is always amazing, and the people are some of the most caring, loud, and fun people I have ever met. But it wasn't home. People always say home is where the heart is. I love Portland/ Beaverton. My ward, my location, my job/s. All amazing. If only there was a BYU-Portland.

Except I think that would change the Portland I love, and I wouldn't want that either. Yes I hate the Max, and love the Pearl. No I didn't spend every weekend downtown. Should have, but I love having the choice. Here in Rexburg Idaho Falls is my "downtown", which has WINCO, and target and a mall. I have finally mastered getting to Winco by myself, but I'm positive I that I would get lost trying to find the mall. Home, I have four malls to choose from. Yes, I know there is more to life than shopping. However I miss it.

Rexburg does have a small town charm, and there are things here that make me laugh daily. The cowboy hats and boots. The Titon Floor Museum. The Wal-Mart. Horkleys. The Speed Limit. and the Plasma Center.

I do love this school, my classes are great, and the atmosphere is awesome (even though some people believe it’s being ruined by IPod headphones, haha). My plan is to graduate here, and then MOVE.

Well my new goal, is to love where I am, wherever I am, and stop wishing to be somewhere else. Living in the Moment, with an Eternal Perspective. So I love Rexburg, but will be moving away, someday.

5 comments:

  1. haha, wow now everyone is blogging, or starting one and never writing anymore, brittany and zach, but yay now I can learn about your life without bugging you on gmail! hahaha

    I have the worst home sickness! I almost left scout camp early one year it was so bad, so I kind of know how you feel, although I have not moved away from everyone so I bet it's harder.

    Love you Martha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Martha. First I love the shoutout to me. :]
    But second, I think its really true, always wanting to be somewhere else. It happens to a lot of people, myself included. I think you'll have an awesome time in rexburg-you seem to have a really positive outlook about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No problem Alyssa! I love shoutouts! And I'm so glad its not just me! I mean I can't help but wish I was in Europe. But I'm trying to enjoy my time here.

    And kyle, I'm really going to try to keep it updated, I'll probably run out of things to say very soon, but maybe I can do like one sentence post, it takes 21 days to make a habit, so we will see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really excited you started a blog! Hey and I'm trying to be better at doing it more often Kyle! I'm glad you're having a good time in Idaho - but I completely understand that feeling of wanting to be somewhere you're not! I'm super excited to go to college but I bet when I get there I'm going to miss home so much. Hey! At least your home hasn't changed...mine's going to be in Washington! But I know you will visit me like all the time so that won't really matter! haha I love you!
    -Brittany

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know I can't believe your family is moving, I know you guys have been talking about it for like a couple years now, or maybe just one. But I never felt like it was really happening. I don't know what I'm going to do. I love just dropping in on your family and just hanging out. But I will definitely visit. I don't know about all the time. But most of the time, For sure. haha I love you Brittany!

    ReplyDelete