Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Making Friends


My mom has always told me, how easily I make friends. Which I never really thought was true, because I couldn't explain it. Today, in communications class (ironically) while I was sitting next to this really cute guy it clicked. I connect the most with people when we have a common dislike. For instance, this cute guy (Nathan) and me, both dislike this other guy in our class. Because he is constantly asking the stupidest questions. See there are those people who constantly ask questions, which is totally fine, if they are legit questions, or at least ones that haven't been answered. This guy asks questions ALL THE TIME, about things we JUST covered. So today after he asked a stupid question that our teacher just answered, and then re answered. Bro. Weekes asked "Are there any other questions?" and Nathan turned to me and whispered, "Can you not answer his question anymore." It was funny.
Second example is Whitney and me. We totally clicked as soon as she found out how I feel slightly cynical about life. Just like her. haha And we have the common annoyance of our roommates. She now loves me, and comes to me all the time with her frustrations.
My third example is Kristin, we totally got each other because little things people would do or say would make us turn to each other and just laugh.
Fourth and final example (because I think you get the point) is Camden. My best friend in the whole world. We completely get each other, and for entertainment we used to go to stake dances just to sit on the wall, and make fun of couples dancing. haha I loved doing this, and its really not a nice thing to do at all. But me and Camden bonded over it. And will now forever be friends.
Yes I realize this is probably not a good thing to admit, but I figured I needed to share my new found knowledge with the rest of you. I love complaining and I think it is, in fact, the reason I make friends easily.

p.s. Yes the picture relates, because we had a special bonding moment, with a common complaint.

No comments:

Post a Comment