But on the to the real reason for this post. Because no I'm not like gay Busy Bee Lauren and I don't blog about MBP. haha
Tonight I read something that made me sad, only because I know it is so so true. And I'd like to share. And ask for your support and help in this.
One thing I make sure to do when gearing up for a wedding or shoot...I DO NOT look at other photographer's websites or blogs. Sure I keep up with some of my favorites from time to time, but I don't want THEIR images fresh in MY mind before a shoot. I want my mind to be filled with my ideas and my ideas only. Our number one goal is to set ourselves apart in this industry. The minute you stop trying to emulate and be another photographer, the minute you stop obsessing over their blog and images, you will grow by leaps and bounds. I swear by it. Try it for one month and be sure to stop in and tell me how it goes ;)
-Kara Layne
haha so you probably all thought it was actually going to be something sad. But it really is to me. I LOVE looking at wedding photography, just like I love watching people dance. Dancing has never been something i'm good at, but has never stopped my love. Photography is also something I struggle with, however this is something I want/ need/ must get better at. So I'm considering taking Kara's advice. And limiting my wedding blogs. Sticking to only the essentials; obviously Jasmine Star. But this might be to hard. But worth it? Debatable.
Also awesome weekend.
Here is my favorite picture, which also happened to be the first one I took.
Our conversation right before the picture was taken was something to the effect of.
kayla- "I wish this had a bottle in it so people thought I was drinking"
Me- "yeah that would be cool"
haha.

That is a very nice new picture! (sorry if is been up for a while it doesnt show on my iPhone. Anyways, remember back in the day when I had to remind you to read Jasmine Star? But a) Its not my fault, that was very important and B) I read that too and I understand where she's coming from but I think while we are still growing, we have to learn from other peoples work. Also with like designing things and stuff I always look at other peoples stuff for inspiration and then make it my own so I feel like sometimes its okay... Or maybe I am just super un orginal haha.
ReplyDeleteNo its new/ old. I took it forever ago, anyways I get what you're saying too. But I think it would also help me stop comparing myself to everyone. But then also it makes me hard on myself and want to get better.
ReplyDelete