Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Baby Love

Well as you all know, my life is exceptionally boring. And I have WAY to much free time. So I have decided to volunteer, at Merlo Station High School. They have a program set up for teens with children to continue going to school. It is a wonderful program including a medical staff, and all they need is volunteers to give the children attention. And I'm so good at just giving babies lots of attention, and love.
Today Kate, the head lady, gave me a tour of the program had me fill out a few forms. And then they put me to work. Which I was more than happy to do. They had me go inside the infant room, they had 7 infants in there today. So I always had a baby to just cuddle. So fun. Also I'm really not great with infants, so I'm hoping this will be good practice. So when I have children I can just know what they need to be happy. Today I was just passing over upset children to Viki, who is like a baby charmer. I'm definitely the youngest volunteer, and the same age as several of the mothers. Which is kind of awkward.
My biggest fear going into this was that they were going to feel like I'm judging them, and saying I can take care of there child better than them. Which is SO not true in case anyone was wondering. Then I got in there and felt like they were looking at me like I was to young to take care of there child. I hope to become more comfortable with the moms, so that they trust me, and don't hate me. I hate it when people hate me. haha.
Well off to Ikea tonight! Shopping for my new bed.
p.s. You have no idea how tempting it was to bring a camera in there, however I resisted...for now.

1 comment:

  1. the picture is adorable! good luck trying to con sexually savvy teenage girls into liking you. ahha and i wouldn't worry about it too much, they're probably way to mature to get caught up in crap like that. i always feel like girls who have babies are way more mature than normal people, cuz they go through so much.

    ReplyDelete