This morning I went to the temple (for some reason I really wanted to put an s at the beginning of morning) any who. I love to s

ee them temple, and going in is even better. I went to bed early last night, so I could wake up at 5:10. I woke up a little confused and then remembered why. Me and Emily got dressed and ready and walked outside. It was a cold, beautiful morning. I love the cold now (not snow cold, but jacket cold). Walking up to the temple I noticed there were little birds all over the temple, and Hannah said "they want to stay in holy places, too." Hannah is my Visiting Teaching companion, and I just love her. I believe she sees the good almost everyone and everything, yet doesn't try to be better than you! I wish I was more like that, however satan often controls my thoughts. Today we got to the temple, and us three were the first ones there. Besides the temple workers who got there at 3am (insane)! There is something really awesome about being the first ones at the temple, because even though the temple is always a quiet peaceful place, it was especially peaceful this morning. If I hadn't already finished my stressful science test, I'm pretty sure this temple trip would have calmed me. Okay so it was super peaceful till I got a bloody nose, then it was a little embarrassing. As the temple president was like "Are you alright?" I replied "Yeah, I'm good" and then he said "You don't look g

ood." And sent me to the bathroom. I love old caring men. We also decided it would probably be best if I just did conformations, as to NOT get the water all bloody. So I changed back into my clothes, and just sat and watched several people be baptized. The temple is the most beautiful thing, but I think right when people come up out of the water, is probably the second most beautiful thing. Just the visual symbol of being washed clean, and a strong priesthood holder lifting you up. And knowing there is someone who has just been waiting for you to do that. It makes it magical. Also listening to the brethren struggle with some of the names is a little entertaining. Today the names were so long that the font was like size 7, and I'm surprised he could even read it. I just love the temple, and need to remember that and go much more often.

I'll try to do better.
All my love.
Martha
p.s. I haven't gone out on any of my picture adventures lately, and miss them. I mean I wish my pictures always turned out magical, but in reality they are not good. But that isn't what my walks are about, its more of a calming experience, it like my way of meditating. So I think I shall today. Wish me luck.
p.p.s. Props to Brittany H. for the last photo, its one of my favorites!
i love the temple too:) my favorite thing about the temple, other than the obvious is everyone dressed in white. I think it's so much easier to see them the way that heavenly father sees them. For some reason all of that negative energy just leaves the room, I feel sorry for people who never get to experience something that wonderful. Because it makes me want to be a better person. And how could you not know the church is true? And the pictures are awesome.
ReplyDeleteDanke schön! :) And you are totally right, you can see people in much better light in the temple. I needed that this morning, but still almost killed my roommates. I came back home, and went back to bed, and 10 minutes after I had fallen asleep they began screaming, and laughing. And I almost killed them...like 7 times. haha anyways I do love them, I just also love sleep.
ReplyDeleteoh and I tried changing my background but I'm scared, and don't really know how to do it.