Monday, March 7, 2011

If I were a boy....

So recently I have been thinking about cute date ideas...to help Nathan ask out Tessa. Slash lets get real, I'm constantly planning cute date ideas in my head...with no way to carry them out. But I figured I would blog about what my "perfect courtship" would look like... if I was a boy and could do this.

First Date: Barrow Kyle Hayden's Nerf guns, for a big group date. Then after out to dinner, at Little Big Burger. Because its cute and trendy, and super delicious. And since kissing on the first date is no good, finishing the night with a hamburger is just fine.
This could be a group date, or individual.
122 nw 10th Avenue, Portland OR 97209
Open Daily, 11am- 10pm.

Second Date: Window shopping, and people watching. Best done at Pioneer Square Mall.
Then dessert at my favorite Gelato place in the Pearl.
Via Delizia
1105 nw Marshall Street, Portland OR 97209
Hours:
Mon-Tue 7:30 am - 8 pm

Wed-Thu 7:30 am - 10 pm
Fri-Sat 7:30 am - 11 pm

Third Date: Breakfast for Dinner, homemade. French Toast is a must, and maybe if you're feeling creative make shapes with pancakes. Then snuggle up for a movie, I would choose an old classic. But really any movie would do, but an old James Bond of Audrey Hepburn would be my choice.

Forth Date: Volunteering at the Food Bank. They take both individuals and groups. All you have to do is sign up online before going. This would be a perfect group date. And a chance to see each other in hair nets- what could be sexier?! Followed up with some McDonald's Ice cream cones. Drive- thru preferable. 

Fifth Date: (Assuming I could control the weather and time period). Saturday Morning 10am, stop by Great Harvest for two berry cream cheese scone ( I don't share). Then head down to Saturdays Market for some people watching, street entertainment, and some blue grass music listening. Oh and some shopping. I'd probably convince him to buy me some cute homemade bag I just "had to have."

Sixth Date: Just a night of Psych watching. Popcorn and Twizzlers are a must.

Seventh Date: Dinner and a Show. At this point we would obviously be in love- thus he should be ready to throw down some money. :) Dinner anywhere downtown...but since this is my "Perfect Date"
Dinner at Andina. 1314 nw Glisan, Portland OR 97209
Fri-Sat 5:00- 10:30pm  (average price on menu $25.)
Then a show, that can be a concert, musical, dance group. And if nothing is going on (which really would  be a rare occasion) a movie would work.

Eight Date: Saturday Special. This is something I started with my girl friends in high school (but obviously haven't kept up with). But on Saturday, we would go get some Sushi, Strawberries, and Sparkling Lemonade and eat it while up in the Skyline area, with amazing views of the city. But since this is my dream date, I would change it to somehow convincing people to let us on top of my favorite building and it would be a picnic up there. With Sushi, Sparkling lemonade, Strawberries, and obviously some Snogging!!

Ninth Date: Basketball, Hockey, or Lacrosse Game. Preferably a Blazer Game. $13.00 Seats would even work for me. :)

Tenth Date: Make Dinner together (which really means he will cook and I'll clean up), shopping for ingredients at Winco prior. Red Box a Movie.


*Also because this is my ideal courtship, I would have these spread out to no more than two per week. I maybe be the only freak that feels this way. But I think separation makes the heart grow fonder. So I wouldn't want to see each other everyday.

Also I'm going to stop here because Camden is making fun of me.

Well...

 xoxo Martha Mae.


2 comments:

  1. You shouldnt marry a guy until this happens. Then he will for sure be a keeper. On a side note, Cilati and I were totally jamming out to this song tonight. I love Beyonce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha Alexis, do you never want me to get married?! haha But yes I would love to marry a guy who actually takes me out on dates. And I so Love Beyonce, and she somehow was always fitting- any time of the day in Hawaii. haha I had many a dance parties in those small rooms.

    ReplyDelete