Monday, December 13, 2010

Moments.

Psych is one of my favorite shows. I would marry Shawn in a heartbeat- even if he has gained weight. :) And If you watch it you know Gus is a "sympathy crier." haha and I love it. Because I totally realized I'm a sympathy crier too. I mean yes, I cry often for myself too. ( I love a good pity party). But the majority of the times I cry (or tear up) its because I'm watching a movie when someone cries, or someone who is talking to me- or near me is crying. Or if someone or something really happy happens I cry.
And one such event happened today.
Today I watched a man, I've grown up watching pass the sacrament. This man is married and has three children, his wife has always been a member but he never was. He came every week, sat with his family, and even supported his wife and children in church activities. He eventually decided to take the missionary discussions, and is now baptized. I don't know this family very well or anything. I have just always been a distant observer of them. My mom always says there two kids look just like me and dirk when we were little. But anyways. Today was his first time blessing the sacrament. And as I looked up after his prayer on the water. I looked at a grown man with the smiling face of a child. He looked so happy I couldn't help but smile. And after seeing his face I followed his eyes to his son, who was passing the sacrament. And as he turned to the congregation I saw his face, where the same HUGE smile was smeared across his face. ( I often do creepy things). But after witnessing this Perfect Moment, I was grateful. Grateful that I saw that moment, grateful that I have a worthy father, and brother, and grateful that I have the gospel in my life. Because of beautiful moments like this I have a testimony of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I know this Church is true. I know my Savior loves me. And I know that someday I will live with him, again.

This is just TO cute to not post.
martha mae.

No comments:

Post a Comment