Thursday, February 11, 2010

Turn OFF

There is absolutely nothing less attractive than watching a guy BS his way through something, you actually know about. This used to be a trait I admired in most guys. Maybe John just sucks at it?!
But this week we had our group presentation in Buddhism, in which we meet three times, two of which the same two people didn't show up to. And then proceeded to email us saying we should all "get together some time soon to prepare." I got this email at our second group meeting. Fail. Well anyways I was really excited because we all researched and decided on two main subjects to talk about. And decided it would work best to divide into teams and research and present the topics that way. I decided to research Buddha Day (which yes I now know all about- sort of). And the only guy (talk, and handsome guy) in our group decided to work with me. Score right?! So we met in the library two days later and researched and made a Power Point which I proceeded to not save properly and email only the first picture to myself. (I redid the PowerPoint on my own in like 5 mins.) This was great we talked and laughed, and we talked about how I live at thee Ridge but that doesn't make me a slut. Which he said the thought never even crossed his mind. haha We emailed back and forth a few times and I had a minor crush on him. He agreed to present everything since I made the email, and am deathly afraid of public speaking. He was my hero for doing this, so I emailed him everything he needed and even word for word what to say.
Presentation day comes, I bring an extra copy just in case he forgot, but he hasn't so I'm feeling confident he is going to do a great job. We/ he is first up he gets up there and BS's the whole thing.
Even though he had the paper in hand, that had ALL the Information he needed on it. He went to Taiwan on his mission, and talked a little about this (which was great). But then when he was going along with my power point he first completely skipped a slide, then proceeded to say things like "not sure why we have pictures of flowers on here." Even though I had told him the meaning of them several times, and it was clearly highlighted on his paper. (They are brought to the Buddhist temples on Buddha day to celebrate, and symbolize the life of Buddha. And to show how even though the life of a flower/ Buddha is beautiful it also has to die/ wilt eventually).
Yes I'm positive we got an excellent score, and maybe he was just really nervous, but really. I wanted to jump up and correct him the entire presentation. (and even did jump in when someone asked a question).
Maybe its just me, but John went from major cutie to just another dude.
Way to go John.

xoxo
Martha Mae

p.s. Took some pictures of Kayla today. Isn't she stunning?!

4 comments:

  1. Ah! I love Kayla that is so cute. And sad, I was totally thinking you had worked out the good end of the dealtoo and he had a good name, dang it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know he had a perfect name. Except I remember thinking I couldn't handle his last name anyways. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. ew that's so gross. I would be totally turned off by that too. What the heck, oh well. also i love the picture of kayla she looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha I'm not sure gross is the right word for it. But I know doesn't she have like the prettiest laugh ever!

    ReplyDelete