Probably like all Father child relationships we have a strange connection, that really only we understand. We have an unspoken understanding, the ability to translate for one another, and he knows my love language. I'm a fairly good

child, not the best (Julene), but also not the worse (Dirk). Being the middle child really suites me. My mother often get frustrated with me, but my dad does much much less. I believe it is because of our unspoken understanding. When he asks me to do something, like clean my sheets (every single week) and I say no. It really means, okay fine I will later. And so he just moves on, or like when I said something like you should buy me a car, he either ignores me, or tells me to buy myself one. He also is always willing to help me. I figure most fathers are, but since he is the only one I have had, I think he is exceptionally good at it. Often times I whine about different things in my life, expecting no one to really hear or care. But my dad always hears and even if he doesn't respond right away, he will go do some research and
get back to me with several solutions. For example, just like two days ago, I was whining about my computer shutting down all the time for no reason, today I got an email from my dad. (Yes that is our favorite form of communication) And in the email it gave several solutions to my problem. Which were buying a mac, getting another free sample computer like this one, or buying a less expensive computer. This is a weekly thing, even when I was across seas :) He would shoot me emails with solutions to my problems. One of my favorite things about his approach of being part of my life, is he gives me options. Which is very much unlike my mother, who likes to give me the only right so

lution. (which don't get me wrong is also often helpful).
Anyways back to my dad. We also act as translators for each other, mainly with my mom. Sometime she really doesn't hear what either of us say or sometimes she just doesn't understand why we would think that way. This is normally when I step in and translate for my dad. And when my mom gets all worked up about something I say when I was only kidding. My dad steps in and smooths things over.
I think me and my dad are a lot alike, even though people are always telling me I'm just like my mom. My dad loves children, and not like my mother doesn't, but he will go out of his way to go talk to a child, and try to relate to them. Like at family reunions you will often find my dad over with the children talking about there exciting adventures. I often find myself gravitating to children too. (not in a creepy way, I hope).
My dad also loves to read, and research always finding the newest health plan, or cleaning product. He is also always reading ways to improve his business skills, and communication skills. My favorite book he has read is the love language one, mainly because he discovered I feel love through gifts, notes, and physical messages. Its why I love getting mail. But since he has discovered this, he always finds ways to show his love. If its a Jamba card, or sending me a quick email. He knows me, and I know he loves me.
Hugs and Kisses
p.s. I also love his long sleeves and silly hat.
also to explain the second picture. I couldn't resist, after writing this I walked inside and found this which is his new motorcycle manual and his reading glasses, who else ever reads the manuals? haha gotta love him. Also its cute that he just bought a new bike.

I like the new pictures! nice work. Also this is adorable. And I can totally see that you and your dad have a really awesome and special connection and I think that's really cool. And in a lot of ways I think it sometimes has to be that way with dads, because they can't connect with us the way that our mothers can, it's just not the same thing. But it's pretty adorable either way!I love you.
ReplyDelete