Sunday, June 6, 2010

I REALLY can't blame it on a war.

“I can’t even blame it on the war- I was never very good at men, was I?” The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society

I just first wanted to announce how grown up I am. I'm actually reading a book recommended by my mother. It helped that the wonderful Elizabeth Gilbert gave it such raving reviews.

But I love this line in the book. Mainly because I'd never thought about it. After so many men die in the war, there must be a full generation of single mothers, and girls who just never marry. That's so crazy. And yes you have full permission to laugh, that this is the first time I've thought of this. But its fine. (haha camden).

So I've officially fell in love with reading. Yes it took me so much longer than it should have. But hey better late than never right?! I also decided I'm thoroughly grateful for my children's lit class. I think it was the best way possible to redo my childhood, and make up for all those hours of NOT reading. In case I haven't already shown you my Library blog. haha here it is. http://marthaslibrary.blogspot.com/ This is pretty much the majority of what I did last semester. Also I need to give full credit to Camden, because she did like half of the entries. shh don't tell my teacher! haha You should also not read any of it. Because like 53 of the 63 posts are all BS. I mean I read all the books, but I had to make them long enough so I just ramble in all of them. But Sister Steiner felt like it was good. (got a 100%). haha

anywho. I really want to like start a book club, but I know it wont work. Because A. I don't live near any of you. And B. we all have school and no time to read. and C. Then we would be like our parents and thats just freaky and weird. :)

xoxo MD.

Oh and BTW I miss mi amigos.


p.s. Camden you're super tan here. But I personally think you're just a hot in those Seattle pictures, you took last weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Um i definitely think we should have a book club. We can do it over skype! And if we get old and have kids then they can get excited for book club (because of the treats, of course).

    I think this is an awesome idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kind of agree, book clubs are the cutest thing ever. also i LOVE that this whole post is to me :). and it's just because my hair is different, I really look like a totally different person. and everyone looks better tan, always. always. I actually FEEl better when I'm tan :)

    and I'm so happy that you love to read now, cuz now we can talk about books and it'll be wonderful. i freakin' love you and miss you too monkey.
    xoxo CH
    also, you blogging so much is making me feel guilty for not blogging. fail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha Yes because of the treats! Have you read the Potato Peel Pie Society?! Alyssa? I'm pretty sure it was our parents book club book awhile back.

    And Camden, I feel like if you get skin cancer and die i'll be super pissed. :)

    Okay then lets start a book club, but I'm so not as fast of a reader...so you guys will have to like read 3 books for every one I read.

    also I love you both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yep, we're starting a book club. an online one. what book should we read first? and martha, i'm obviously not getting skin cancer, silly. also i need extra motivation to read, because otherwise i am not going to finish my booklist for the summer.
    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Glass Castle? Mainly because I just started it. But I think you have already read it. hmm

    ReplyDelete